Email me

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Weight-y Wednesday...and stuff

Happy Hump Day y'all!!

Last week I told y'all that I was going to be starting the C25k program.  I didn't.  And I'm not going to any time soon.

I don't have the breathing abilities to properly run for any length of time.  So...I'm going to start walking.  Every day.  5 days a week.  For an hour per day.  I can do that.  Easy peasy!

Most of those days will be on the dreadmill.  I hate the dreadmill.  P and I will be spending more time outdoors this summer, so it won't be all bad.  P likes to exercise with me.  I like this phase...the one where being like mom is awesome.  It won't last long.

I will also continue my weights/resistance workouts.  I'll still be doing that 3 to 5 times a week.  Have I mentioned how much I really like weights?  I mean...I love the changes I've seen lately. 

So today is the first day of "Walking in May."  And here is my starting point.



I will only be weighing myself on Wednesdays this month.  It's going to be a challenge.

Also, last night, I bought my goal pants.  They are a nice pair of size 8 S dark wash jeans.  Yes, I have short legs.  It's horrible.  I actually tried the goal pants on and I actually got them up over my baby-making hips...and my thunder thighs.  Buttoning was not happening, but hey, they are goal pants.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

And a funny story...

A couple nights ago, P was getting ready for bed.  I walked into the bathroom to find her using the pointy end of my teasing brush to push her hair up (think back to old school picks).  I asked her what she was doing.  She replied, "I do this every night.  I want my hair to be poofy in the morning."  I couldn't help but smile and laugh.  I told her, "That's my girl.  Jack it to Jesus."  She now tells me she has to "Jack up her hair."  She cracks me up.

I'm going to leave you on this Hump Day with some oddity.

Have you ever heard a cat chirp?  Apparently some cats do this in order to hypnotize their prey.  I've had a lot of cats in my life.  Graye is the only cat I have ever heard make this noise.  It's awesome.  Enjoy.



Happy Hump Day!!


Pin It!

1 comment :

  1. If I were to start a marathon, it would have to be, start out low and work my way up, I admire your strength and courage, you are very inspiring young lady. the cats are to funny..

    ReplyDelete

Tell me...what are YOUR thoughts??