Email me

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Weekly Pinspiration

This weeks Weekly Pinspiration incorporates two of my favorite things...eating and sleeping.  Again, these crafts and recipes have long been made.  I'll begin the new "how to" or "how I did it" blogs after this semester is over in a couple weeks.  If you need more information than I give, just shoot me an email.  I'd be happy to help!


First up is one of my favorite recipes from Pinterest.  I am not a big cheesecake eater.  I usually like strawberry and that's it.  But I decided to make this for the holidays in 2011 and I ended up making like 5 or 6.  They were good...damn good.  And pretty easy too.  You can find the pin here.  The pic to the right is the pretty one from Pinterest.  My finished product is below.  Of course, it's not as pretty, but they never are.  It was amazingly good.  I don't know why I haven't made one recently.  I need to get on that.  Cause...ya know...my diet needs another saboteur.  But, I digress.  If you like cheesecake and you like chocolate chip cookies, then this one is for you.


My deliciousness!

This next one is super easy.  If you notice, that will be a recurring theme.  I see no reason to do things the hard way when there is a perfectly easy shortcut.  Ain't nobody got time fo dat!

I had been perusing Pinterest for hours one day when I came across this next pin (okay, well, it wasn't this exact pin, but one just like it).  I thought to myself...I really need this.  I had just started sewing and I was thinking about how to get this the way I wanted.  Here is the pin.  And here is the pretty as a picture photo op.  Apparently, the ones in this photo were for sale in the UK for a shit ton of money.

I guess...maybe...if they were in excellent quality and the fabric design I wanted...uh...yeah...no. 

But this idea was great.  And I decided P needed one.  I was really going to get the fabric and measure and cut and sew.  Because, you know, I had nothing better to do with my time.

 Luckily, I didn't start this right away.  I ended up coming up with a super time and money saving idea.   I happened to be at Goodwill (that's a second hand thrift store y'all) and I saw these 4 matching (and in good condition) pillow shams that matched P's bedding perfectly.  It was a lightbulb moment.  I took my 4 shams home and sewed them together.  They are shams, so you don't have to worry about pillows coming out of the sides or having to hide them.  I had originally planned to put decorative buttons on the back to keep the pillows inside, but that wasn't necessary.  I inserted those pillows and P had a super comfy place to watch tv or play games or take a nap on...etc.  Super cute eh?







It has 4 pillow sections, but we fold the top one under to make it more upright.  In reality, this is only as comfy as the pillows you put into it.  It folds up nicely and is easily washable.  Both of which are mom-approved.  Or mom-necessary.






Hopefully, you found this to be inspiring.  Or something.  Really.

Thanks for reading...

Oh and I hope you all have a safe and happy weekend.  I may or may not be running around naked slurring my Spanish in honor of Cinco de Mayo.  And that's before the beers.  Har Har.  Yeah...probably not.  But that doesn't mean you can't!!

Adios!


Pin It!

1 comment :

  1. very nice,, love the colors... great job

    ReplyDelete

Tell me...what are YOUR thoughts??