Email me

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Weekly Pinspiration

For this weeks post, I went through my photos and found these two fun giftables.




The first PINspired craft is this awesome coaster set.  You can find the pin here.  And here is the photo. See.  They are really cute...and easily personalized.  I made sets for my family and made two sets for my own home.  Below are the ones I made for me.




Those adorable faces!!  The top row is of my great niece Anna (our little beauty queen) and my little monkey, P.  The bottom row starts off with my nephew (my friends grandson...but he might as well be my blood...he's the male version of P), Daniel.  Next, is my great nephew, Connor (this is my absolute favorite picture of him...so pensive)...and lastly...a picture from Christmas (2 years ago).







The photo coasters are a little tricky.  You have to print pictures on tissue paper, which is the hardest part.  But they do turn out nicely.

 I made these coasters to match the decor of my office.  I used wrapping paper and mod podge.  Super easy.

And the tiles are easily and fairly cheaply purchased at Lowe's or Home Depot in the tile flooring section.







This next crafty project is for the sewers out there.  This makes a great baby/kid gift.   You can find the pin here.    And here's the cute little professional looking photo.  I love owls.  I think this project is what started it.

I have a little how to for this craft...in the form of pictures.





I started off with a drawing.  I used my drawing to make actual size drawings.  Then I cut them out and used the pattern to cut my fabric.


Here is a picture of all the pieces laid out.  At this point, you will want to sew the face pieces on to the front side of your owl.


By the way, this is a sew by hand kind of thing.  Now, you have a front piece and a back piece.


Put your pieces together, right sides facing each other.  Sew around the outer edge...leaving a small hole (I chose the bottom part) to turn out and stuff.  Carefully, turn out.  And stuff.  I would suggest over-stuffing because it will loosen up and deflate over time.  Sew up your small hole and you now have a cute little owl.



There you have it.  Fun crafts.  Cute gifts.

Happy Pinning!


Pin It!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Tell me...what are YOUR thoughts??