Email me

Friday, May 24, 2013

A Pinspired Recipe: "____" Tortilla Minis

If you go through the crafts and recipes I have done from Pinterest, you would think that I have spent hours on the site.  In reality, I spend barely 15 minutes a week on there.  I get on once a day to check my feed.  I have some people with really great taste on my feed.  I like their pins and if it is a really good one, then I take a screen shot.  That's the process y'all.  I know you were dying to know.

So, today's gem was one of those "screen shot" likes.  I really like ideas that I can involve P.  Especially if it is food related.  Kid is a pb&j addict.  I digress.  This recipe looked good...sounded good...and was easy to do.  AND it has the potential for "spin-offs," which you will see later.  The "spin-offs" are the reason for the blank in the title.  They can be Pizza Tortilla Minis or Taco Tortilla Minis...etc, etc.


This here recipe is for Mini Tortilla Crusted Pizzas.  They are super cute!  Check out the pin here.  And here is what their pretty pizzas look like!   I completely forgot to take pictures while making it, but I have some pics of the finished product.  I'll show you in a minute.

Here's the how-to:

Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
Spray your muffin tin with cooking spray (I used a couple of 6 muffin tins)
Use a round object (I used a drinking glass) to cut circles out of your tortillas.  I was able to get 4 circles per tortilla.
Push your tortilla circles into the muffin pans to form little cup/bowl shapes.
Top with whatever you want!!!!!
Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Let cool for 1-2 minutes and ENJOY!

*The actual recipe for the photo at right can be found on the blog, Dashing Dish.  Here is a link to the post about the Mini Deep Dish Pizzas.




(I somewhat followed her ingredients list.  I omitted the sweetener.  I used pizza sauce, parm cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder to make the sauce/paste, then topped with Mozz cheese and diced pepperoni)


 
Personally, I thought these were really good.  I really like the sauce/paste.  It has a great flavor.  I will probably be using that for all of the pizzas we make.  P was not as fond of them as I thought she would be, but that's ok.  We will try again.  Next time, I'll starve her first.

********************************

This past weekend, I got a little antsy and thought I would try this idea with some other ingredients.  I really like salsa and sour cream and I had this chicken stuff that is amazing!



Anyway, so here is what I used for the Fajita Tortilla Minis.

The Tyson Grilled & Ready is the Southwestern flavored fajita strips.

And of course, Southwestern corn.

Everything stays pretty much the same as far as cooking goes.  It's just the prep that's different.

Oven at 425 degrees.  Bake for 12-15 minutes.



 



My prep was pretty simple on this one too.

I took my salsa and mixed in some of the corn.  That was my sauce base.

I covered that with fiesta blend cheese.

I topped it all off with the Southwestern fajita strips, diced.






I think next I am going to try this without the corn.  I'll add some sour cream and use taco seasoned ground turkey instead of chicken.  That sounds good too.

You can take this idea and run so many different ways with it.

Here are some more ideas:
  • Omelet type dish (with veggies, breakfast meats and cheese)
  • Seasoned diced veggies (with or without cheese)
  • Mac n cheese cups


Now that I've made myself hungry, I'll go have a cup of coffee. 


Pin It!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Tell me...what are YOUR thoughts??