Email me

Monday, June 17, 2013

Oh Monday...Dreaded Monday...

Yeah whatever...every day is Monday for me.

This past weekend was kid-lite and surprisingly, I did not sleep the entire weekend.  I blame it on the veggies.

On Friday, we were supposed to make those sinful snacks I mentioned last week.  We didn't make them.  So I went the WHOLE weekend with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in my house.  And I didn't eat a single one.  GO ME! 

Friday afternoon, I dropped the monkey off at her grandmother's house.  Afterwards, I went shopping...sort of.  I did score a new fall dress for P.  It was too adorable not to get.  I also got P a new mask and snorkel and a new cooler for me.  My mission was Father's Day gifts.  Fail. 

I stayed in bed until 11 on Saturday.  The only reason I rolled out of bed was to meet my mom for some grocery shopping.  Sad, but true.  I went home and inhaled the delicious pizza that I had just bought from Wal-Mart.  Those Marketside pizzas in the deli section are really good, especially the Ultimate Meat one.  Just a little FYI.  It was not clean...in any way, shape or form.  And my body said "What the HELL do you think you are putting in me after a week of clean food?"  Yeah.  Not good times.

After all that, I played a game of Toss n Run with Graye.  I throw a mouse across the room, she runs after it.  I go get it and throw it back to the other side.  She chases.  This is usually a game her and P play, but P wasn't home. 

The, I decided my hall closet/bathroom supplies needed condensing and reorganizing.  I literally threw out ALL of our my medicines.  They were seriously out of date.  I don't mean 6 months.  I'm talking 2+ years, some 5.  I get so conflicted.  I was raised to never throw stuff away.  My mom kept bank statements for years.  Not tax records...bank statements.  But I have this OCD/organization issue that makes me want to clean everything out and throw stuff away.  But seriously, you should see my storage building.  It kills me to even look at it.

Sunday, I awoke to the sound of a police officer banging on my door.  Wrong address buddy.  Unless I sleep dialed, I didn't call them.  But he was nice.  It was actually the husband of an old friend. 

I got dressed and ran to the store where I finally scored my Father's Day gift for my stepdad. 

I came home and finished some things that have been on my To Do List for weeks.  I painted my side table and a metal rack (which I decided would make a great fruit/veggie holder).

 I really like lilac.

P came home early...too early.  That girl wears me out.  The rest of the evening was pretty calm though.  I fixed dinner (bbq chicken, mashed cauliflower, corn on the cob, and whole grain sweet rolls).  P took a bath and watched a movie in bed.  I desperately tried to fall asleep before 2 am.

Today, P and I are going to my parents house since we didn't get to see Paw Paw on Father's Day. 

That is the fun filled weekend I had.  Glamorous, eh?

I have a few posts scheduled for this week (including a couple recipes and a post about some beauty products).  Make sure and check back!

Have a great week y'all!!
 

Pin It!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Tell me...what are YOUR thoughts??