Email me

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Beauty Products I Love

I am no beauty guru.  Most days...I don't wear makeup.  I wear jeans in 100 degree weather cause sometimes I am too lazy to shave...seriously.  But there are some products that I absolutely would hate to live without.  I wanted to share them with you.

And awaaaaaay we go...


  
First up is my mascara.  I almost never go anywhere without mascara on.  I can be completely makeup free...except for mascara.  And this one is amazing.  I was not graced with long thick lashes.  Check out the bottom pic on the right.  See...sparse.  The pic on the top is with the LOreal Double Extend.  The white lid adds these awesome tubes to the end of your lashes.  And the other side coats them with mascara.  I have been loving this mascara for a while.  It'll take a lot for me to switch.




I won't lie.  I do not can not wash my hair every day.   For those times when I have to look semi-decent in pubic and my hair is less than fresh...I use dry shampoo.  I like Suave.  People say it smells good.  They are lying.  It stinks.  And it will kill your lungs.  But it works well.  And for less than $3...that's a miracle.  It's basically pressurized powder.  It takes away some of the oiliness.  It's another one of my staples.

 Have you ever heard of the brand elf?  ELF (Eyes, Lips, Face) is a cheaper cheap brand.  You can get it at Target.  The items are $1 and $3.  I think they also have some things now for $6.  Anyway, this little gem is an eyebrow kit.  It comes with a tiny little brush and a compact with a gelish type cream and a pressed powder.  My eyebrows are so thin from overplucking and waxing that filling them in is a must.  ELFs kit is only $3.  I'm good with that.


  I JUST found this.  I've been using got2b products for a while now.  I really love their volumizing mousse and their thickening mousse.  But this?  Oh Em GEE!  If you like to tease it to Jesus or if you like the poofiness...this is THE product for you.  It's hard to tell by the pictures, but it makes a HUGE difference.  Here's what I do...Part your hair where you want lift (like the crown) and sprinkle some powder along the part.  Rub into scalp and roots of hair...lay hair back down...and VOILA.  Any time you need a lift...just slide your fingers onto your scalp and rub.  I am seriously in love with this one.  Oh, and if you tease it too...it really does jack it up.



 P and I love to paint our nails.  But 5 year olds don't like to sit and wait for them to dry.  Rimmel came out with a dozen or so colors in this 60 second polish.  They have some cool colors...we especially like the lavender and mint color.  And the brush is one of those flat rounded ones.  Love it!!  And it really does only take about 60 seconds for a layer to dry.  And...the price is awesome.  Less than 2 bucks a bottle.  Rimmel hit this one out of the park.





This one may seem a little off, but I've been using this tip forever.  I wasn't going to add it until this morning when I did my eyebrows.  I hate plucking...and I won't wax myself (and I sure as heck don't have the money to have someone else do it) so I use the lotions that take away your hair (like Nair or whatever).  It doesn't matter what I do or how I do it, the skin around my eyebrows always get red and burns.  Desitin will stop that nonsense in its tracks.  I kid you not my friends.  It looks stupid as hell (I seriously thought about posting a pic of me from this morning) but it will stop the burning and it will soothe the redness.  Leave it on for about 10 minutes or longer if you can.  It also has the added bonus of making your eyebrow hairs appear thicker.  And there you go.  A life hack that is amazing!


Okay, so those are my amazing health and beauty products.  If you haven't tried them, you should. 

What are some of YOUR amazing must have beauty products.  I love trying new things.  Especially the ones that make my life easier.  Leave me some suggestions in the comments section!!

Until next time y'all!!


Pin It!

1 comment :

Tell me...what are YOUR thoughts??